Chicago, IL or Fishers, IN
Our client is a worldwide manufacturing company one of the largest and best-known producers in their industry. They have multiple plants producing their highly demanded products in different parts of the world. This role specially covers their North American manufacturing presence and will require occasional travel to site in North America.
They are looking for senior level Architect with a background in engineering and solid experience in the manufacturing tech space who would be the leader in bringing best practices and maximize security in their multiple plant locations across North America. They are looking for someone who can assess their applications, software integration tools and network systems and make recommendations to maximize overall efficiency and security. The right candidate will be able to design solutions and spearhead the execution, one plant at a time.
Solution Architecture, Security & Performance:
- Architect, design, and support all technical aspects of MES (manufacturing execution systems) solutions
- Set direction on integration solution architecture
- Drive solution performance through optimized architecture
- Anticipate short term & future MES (manufacturing execution systems) needs
- Understand & ensure alignment on Data Architecture standards
- Understand & ensure solution compliance with Cybersecurity, Protect data integrity principles
- Design, support & provide oversight to global MES solution installation process & Life Cycle Management activities
Solution Network Standardization:
- Identify & define replication opportunities between sites & functions
- Propose opportunities for standardization
- Manage & support global components, ensuring replication
- Manage central custom components Library
- Promote Vendor out of the box components
- Manage & communicate impact analysis of solution changes
- Leverage architecture knowledge to design back-up solutions
- Understand needs of sites, prioritize, and translate into requirements
- Coordinate with other IDS teams to deliver capabilities as needed
- Understand System integrations, be aware of overall design & failure points
- Analyze vendor solution changes, define impact analysis, create roadmap & project plan of activities required for implementation at network sites.
- Ten (10) years of experience in IT and/or Automation/control systems related fields.
- Five (5) years of MES experience
- Strong knowledge of Network Security
- Knowledge of and experience with current IDS technologies.
- Technical knowledge required includes knowledge of the application and the technical infrastructure behind the application (e.g., windows Server, SQL database environment and design)
- Proven experience with implementing best practices in security and global network standardization
- Strong technical Skills: including infrastructure, interfaces and configuration capabilities
- Deep understanding of MES solution, including its configuration, architecture and integration with other solutions, and how it is used to support the business processes
- Strong understanding of global business process in the Manufacturing and Quality space