Business Solutions Architect
Chicago, IL or Fishers, IN
Our client is a worldwide manufacturing company one of the largest and best-known producers in their industry. With over 10 billion in sales and 20,000 employees worldwide they have experienced massive growth through acquisition in recent years. They are looking for true specialist in enterprise applications who can evaluate the existing Global technical environment, identify areas of improvement, and present the most optimal solutions to business stakeholders. Dotted line reporting structure to the CIO, collaborating closely with PMO Manager improve existing and introduce new technology.
This Business Solutions Architect will operate on a small team, interfacing with senior business and IT leadership to improve overall technical environment. Maintaining focus on scalable solutions, application efficiency, and cost optimization.
- Understanding business applications and technology landscapes for the North American Business Community – Working closely with Global teams
- Initiating and leading discussions with business stakeholders and documents (business and technical) requirements (RFP creation)
- Lead assessments, evaluations & solution selection
- Designing and proposing/presenting viable technical solution architectures that support the business requirements
- Responsible for the delivery of the solution prototypes
- Translate business and technology requirements into a functional and economical solution architecture solutions.
- Consult senior management on the impact of new solutions across multiple domains, including business functions, end user experience, data management, integration.
- Lead new development activities and ensure they are consistent and well-integrated with the established enterprise architecture and promote reuse and standards adoption.
- Regularly interface with the business community and provide ongoing status reports.
- Stay in tuned with regulatory guidelines (such as consumer privacy issues) to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Make sure the proposed solutions are in compliance and related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Stay abreast with emerging industry standards to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Support the company’s PMO and delivery functions with technical expertise.
- Actively participate in the global Architecture governance process
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years working as a business solutions analyst in a mid-size to large application environment
- 5+ years of working in multiple solution architecture domains (Business, Application, technology)
- Experience in technical architecture of MS product suite (365, Power Platform, Power BI, Teams, Azure)
- Exposure to PPM tools, utilizing dashboards – partnering closely with IT and the business to create and present project proposals
- Experience acting as a technical application architect within Global manufacturing organization
- Background in software engineering and architecture design major plus
- Understanding of application development and application lifecycle management in enterprise application integrations, implementations, & architecture.
- Knowledge of project planning and management, including scope, time and resource management.
- Experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create/read/update/delete matrices).
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and Cloud technologies
- IT experience in a global operations environment
- ITIL experience – at least to foundation level