Infrastructure Operations Specialist
Our client is a Global multi-billion-dollar financial services company is in search of an experienced Infrastructure Operations Specialist to join their team in Austin, Texas on a full-time direct hire basis. This role offers high visibility, fast paced 1v1 training, upward mobility, and the opportunity to learn new technologies. This role requires on-site attendance.
Day to day responsibilities consist of troubleshooting technology issues related to software, user accounts, mobility, trading and operating systems – maintaining high level of service and professionalism. This is a highly technica, real-time role that will require experience with Operations Support in a fast-paced environment!
Their name on your resume would serve as a badge of honor and they offer a highly competitive compensation structure (base plus large bonus) paired with amazing perks and benefits.
In this role you will:
• Identify, diagnose, proactively address, track, and resolve technical issues relating to internal systems
• Monitor incident response, change management, disaster recovery scenarios, and design review
• This role requires timely resolution of technical issues and the ability to escalate issues to other IT groups or third-party groups as needed
• Manage incident response for critical firm-wide issues
• Provide excellent customer service experiences for all end users, traders, and senior leadership
• Work collaboratively with Global team and local onsite resources
• Engage in technical support collaboration with other infrastructure groups, third-party partners, and IT business teams
• Deploy, manage, document a large variety of applications, devices, and systems
• Responsible for reporting and documentation
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in Computer Science or a related field
• Driven, eager, professional attitude with interest in pursuing a career in Financial Services/ Trading environment
• Must have experience working within a Linux environment (hybrid Windows/ Linux ideal)
• Strong experience working within mission critical, real-time trading environment highly valued
• Exposure to systems, network, and infrastructure operations support and engineering
• Must have strong knowledge of network, storage, databases, etc.
• Cisco and TCP/IP knowledge required
• Experience with automation – Bash, Python, Shell scripting
• Strong analytical and decision-making abilities paired with clear documentation skills
• Ability to think on your feet, work well independently as well as with teams, and take direction
• Must be able to pass criminal and credit background check*