Sr. Application Project Manager
Our client is one of the largest manufacturing organizations in their field with plants, offices, clients, and vendors scattered across the globe. This multi-billion-dollar company is going through a technical transformation and due to their rapid expansion, they are looking to hire several resources across IT and are currently looking to hire an Sr. Application Project Manager to join a growing team of existing Project Managers with varying expertise.
The Sr. Application Project Manager will work with both IT and the business to improve and expand global manufacturing application solutions within an ever-changing environment. They will be managing workflow, scheduling assignments, evaluating the course of the project, and reporting its status to the management and stakeholders. This resource will work with integrated IT project and business teams to outline project objectives, carry them to completion, and remain involved post go-live.
- Work alongside IT, office, and plant employees to spearhead major projects
- A successful candidate will be familiar with MES computer systems (manufacturing applications) and can manage the activities, schedule and budget for a given project
- The role will collaborate on the implementation of systems, coordination of changes and upgrades, improving the digital maturity of a manufacturing plant, and prioritization of business needs at the client site
- Manage MES implementation, extension, or upgrade projects
- Develop project estimates, plans and approaches to manage end-to end project execution, communicating updates and project shifts with PMO
- Ensure seamless integration into existing processes and systems
- Oversee development and execution of validation activities
- Plan and schedule training activities for project-teams and end users
- Responsible for all risk management, potential problems, and technical issues and help develop solutions and risk mitigation plans.
- Plan and manage project schedules, hold everyone involved accountable for their part, follow-up with stakeholders with updates.
- Must have experience working within a manufacturing/ distribution environment
- Must thrive in fast paced environment, ask questions, document changes to leadership, provide updated reports to management for project tracking
- Familiarity with ServiceNow or common PPM tools required
- Must have experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) projects
- Experience working within SAP environment highly valued
- Must have the ability to join leadership onsite 2 days per week
- Certifications or related degree major plus