This role is offered with a global manufacturing organization whose business picked-up during the Pandemic, due to the nature of their economy-proof products. They have a large presence in North America and they are rapidly growing their business with new acquisitions!
The candidate will lead/ supervise a team that provides support to the corporate office employees as well as all executive leadership in addition to coordinating support needs for assigned locations. We are looking for a real expert in Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, and End User Technical Troubleshooting. The role will serve as an escalation point and leader for the Regional Support Team. The candidate must be comfortable taking on small projects and have a vested interest in contributing to continual process improvement. This role will require occasional travel to other site locations (20% travel).
- Manage a team of 8+ desktop engineers, assign responsibilities, oversee projects and serve as a point of contact for difficult issues.
- Providing support to corporate office and plant staff, white-glove support to executives, and serve as an escalation point for Helpdesk and Regional Team Members
- Work with IT and Business leaders to assess short-term and long-term capacity needs.
- Identifying frequent/common issues and follows the escalation procedure for problems/major incidents
- Coordinating IT Support and Project efforts for assigned plant, office, as well as warehouse facilities.
- Managing a relationship with facility management (Plant Managers, Plant Controllers, etc)
- Communicating changes and relay project needs to upper management
- Tracking equipment and software lifecycles, proposing replacements and recommendations as appropriate.
- Overseeing the daily performance of your team full-time employees and contractors, serving as a responsible party for timely scheduling and task assignments
- Reporting on completion and quality of work
- Training third party specific IT standards, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with the company needs and standards
- Identifying gaps or inefficiencies in existing operations and proposes solutions/improvements
- Executing agreed-upon solutions to completion
- Performs change management on the team
- Contributing to knowledge base articles and documentation
- Submitting purchase requisitions as needed for approval by manager
- Manage the schedule for the 24×7 On-Call Support for assigned weeks, the primary point of contact within Regional Support for all High Priority issues during these periods
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of IT support leadership
- Strong support and/or IT infrastructure experience
- Must have experience managing a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with employees in all departments at all levels
- Must have experience with ServiceNow ticketing and administration
- Server hardware installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting experience (RAID, Hyper-V, File Backup and Recovery)
- Microsoft operating systems and applications such as Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint, Office365, Stream, Teams and Teams Live Events
- Familiar with networking concepts (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VLAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP, DNS, Ethernet)
- Interest in/ exposure to Automation/Scripting/Programming, tools such as PowerShell and Python