Our client is a global retailer having been around for over 60 years and headquartered in the Northwest suburbs. Their target demographic has expanded over the years and presents a significant opportunity for advancement and change. The business has made strategic partnerships which have triggered rapid growth and new leadership has focused on making technology a top priority. They are currently in the midst of several global initiatives to improve their technical footprint.
We are looking for a dedicated Network Support Engineer to assist the North American team. Your main objective will be to provide ticketing support for a global network- additionally you may be involved in highly visible projects including a wifi rollout to multiple retail branches and a global SDWAN project when needed. Our client does offers some remote flexibility!
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of retail network systems
- Provide support to network team through ticketing system- monitoring and problem resolution for all routers/switches/firewalls/network devices, mobile devices/tablets, POS, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to management as needed
- Configure and manage routers, switches, firewalls, and configure network components
- Work closely with various carriers to ensure non-stop reliable network. Must have a deep understanding of carrier terminology and process to establish a solid partnership
- At least 3+ years networking experience required (Cisco, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN, SD-WAN, access points, broadband, wireless)
- In depth Wireless experience (resolving connectivity issues)
- Experience configuring and supporting cisco network devices including routers, switches, firewall (Meraki and Fortigate preferred)
- In depth SDWAN experience (support and configuration, Velocloud or Fortinet a plus!)
- Retail experience or experience supporting a multi-branch ecosystem
- Familiar with basic network security protocols
- Asset Management experience
- Vendor/Carrier management
- Understanding of Windows operating systems
- Ability to provide clear and concise documentation
- Demonstrated success working in a fast paced environment
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with ITIL methodology a plus!