Although our client has been around for a while, they worked to re-invent themselves over the last few years and have transformed the digital commerce space with their efficient solutions. Their clients include some of the most recognizable brand names in the world and they have experienced tremendous growth within the US markets. They are continuing to grow their Chicago team, bringing on tech enthusiasts and out of the box thinkers! We are looking to add an Infrastructure Administrator to the Service Desk team.
Our clients service desk is not your average support team. Not only do they manage and support a PaaS/SaaS infrastructure for various clients, but their responsibilities go far beyond a support role. As a crucial member of the team, you will be assisting in a variety of projects ranging from database, server/storage/networks, virtualization and security. A strong candidate will be well versed in AWS OR Azure and be familiar working within a Linux environment. The team is made up of diverse backgrounds including database administrators, system/devops admins and support engineers. The Manager of Global Service Operations finds a way to optimize each individuals’ strengths which makes for a super-star team! This role does require weekend work on s scheduled basis.
What to expect in the role?
- Service Desk functions include; prioritizing requests through ticketing system, providing clear communication to customers on requests, escalating issues when needed, meeting SLA’s (ticket response time), and detailed documentation (incident and changes timelines!)
- Follow best practices within IT Service Delivery (ITIL process, incident/change/problem management)
- Act as point of contact between technical support team and customers- always delivering highest customer satisfaction
- Continuously work to improve customer experience by responding to tickets within or before time frames set by SLAs
- Manage/Monitor environment using Nagios/New Relix to help improve accuracy of tools
- Work closely with your team members to ensure project deadlines are met, testing each other’s work, and collaborate on process improvements
- Background within Linux Operating System and Linux software
- Previous experience troubleshooting physical and software related issues using ITIL ticketing system
- Experience with server, storage, networking and virtualization systems
- Hands on AWS experience OR a valid AWS Certification
- Knowledge of Network Support/Administration (Routing/Switching, IP Routing, VPN, SSL, load balancing, content switches, NAS Storage & data replication, firewalls)
- Familiar with web technologies (web technologies – DNS, Email, Spam, TCP/IP etc DNS, Email, Spam, TCP/IP )
- Testing knowledge (able to report test results and participate in disaster recovery testing)
- Familiar with services desk process and best practices
- Ability to solve complex problems and think on your feet
- Available for weekend work as required
MUST be willing to learn or have some familiarity with the following;
- Database management, logical design concepts and levels of database security and backup/recovery
- Testing Capability (able to report test results and participate in disaster recovery testing)
- Security requirements and standards. Familiar with applications/tools and methodologies
- Monitoring platforms using tools such as Splunk, Keynote, New Relic, Dynatrace, Docker and Kubernetes