Our client is one of the most successful online banking start-ups in Chicago with a diverse product offering and impressive growth since being founded in 2017. With just under 500 local and remote employees and offices in Chicago, Miami, and abroad, this company is reaching new heights in terms of expansion and user adoption.
They offer a fast paced, collaborative work environment and don’t expect their employees to work beyond 40 hours per week – did I mention this was a fully remote role? This unique financial platform offers countless options and is launching new features daily. They are constantly pumping money into new tech and offer a cutting-edge stack. They are a Ruby shop and are hiring for nearly every team. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly expanding company and market, this is your chance to join a team changing the way people manage their money.
What They Need:
This Staff Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails will join a growing fast paced team and step in at a time of massive growth for the company. After recent market expansion we are seeking a highly experienced architect and leader. This person will be sure the platform scales and is easily extendable as the business continues to grow. The best person for this role is an eager, personable, reliable technical resource with an interest in making an impact. This person will collaborate with business owners, customers, and technical teams to ensure the company vision and product offering continue to scale quickly and correctly. We expect the Staff Software Engineer, RoR to stay hands on writing code, building tools, and setting up infrastructure when needed.
What You’ll Work On:
- Partner with business stakeholders to improve and grow the tech stack utilized by the business including but not limited to data governance, reporting, and site performance analytics
- Contribute to the design and architecture of all internal systems providing mentorship to various teams
- Calculate development tasks and set up plans for deliverables on release deadlines
- Create new concepts from initial design to market release
- Provide architectural leadership across the entire company including development and engineering teams, systems, and business departments
- Connect multiple independent systems to provide discoverable, visible, and clean customer data across marketing, operations, analytics, and product teams
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation and attention to detail when serving as a trusted advisor and mentor to your team
- Support QA activities to ensure high functionality within various financial services systems
What They Target:
- 10+ years of experience in software development with a focus on architecture and design paired with an interest in leadership
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails
- Demonstrated experience contributing in an ever-evolving start-up environment, utilizing Agile methodologies TDD
- You have led projects from inception to completion and have mentored other engineers
- You have experience building modern web apps at scale
- You have the ability to build modern web apps at scale – preferably within fin tech/ lending/ start-up space
- Data driven, analytical, strong communicator, who understands the big picture, but understands the importance of every detail
- Must have a strong understanding of API integration with 3rd party vendors