This role is offered with a leading provider of Logistics & Transportation Management Systems. With several locations in and around Illinois they are known for being cost-effective and cutting edge. This organization has a history of satisfied customers and an extremely high employee retention rate. We are looking for career driven Sr. Network Engineer to bring best practices and expertise to a small Network Support team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Perform the installation, configuration, maintenance, and ongoing support of a LAN/WAN environment
- Manage and support Network hardware including; cisco switches/firewalls, cisco routers, and wireless access points
- Lead special projects related to company’s overall infrastructure
- Network Segmentation of Data Center
- Migrating disaster recovery and the call center to the cloud
- Monitor network for optimal performance
- Provide detailed documentation for installation, configuration and maintenance of network devices
- Act as a senior resource and highest level of escalation for all network related projects and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ networking experience
- Experience with security technologies such as Firewall logs, IDS, endpoint security solutions, access control systems, and other related technology
- Advance technical skills managing and supporting network systems including Cisco Routers/Switches, Load balancing, TCP/IP, NextGen Firewalls (a plus)
- Prior experience installing, configuring and supporting LAN/WAN environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Any Cloud experience is highly desired!
- Related Certifications highly desired!