Our client is a seasoned logistics/distribution company, named one of the fastest growing companies in the Chicagoland area. They are known in the industry for their impeccable customer service and friendly demeanor. This is a critical role for the organization as you will be responsible for the core network and voice infrastructure of the entire organization. The company does offer some remote flexibility!
As a senior network Engineer, you will be tasked with both project and support work. You will be responsible for vital areas to the business including the contact center, distribution center, remote access, as well as network operations. You will work closely with a talented, hands-on Director as well as a senior engineer to ensure projects are completed and support is provided. In addition, this role will require a creative mind to make recommendations on new network technology.
- Install, configure, and maintain cisco network
- Monitor and tune network for high availability and performance and manage change control process
- Support and implement LAN/WAN
- Coordinate, plan, and design Palo Alto firewalls
- Lead systems monitoring and performance management
- Design, and coordinate disaster recovery and high availability solutions
- Work closely with the security team to ensure open vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- 6+ years experience as a Network Engineer (switches, routers, firewalls and wireless devices, TCP/IP, CIDR, VOIP, BGP, VLANS, and OSPF)
- Knowledge of enterprise Cisco IOS
- Experience with Microsoft protocols (DNS, WINS, DHCP, and NTP)
- Network security knowledge including risk assessments, business impact, control, and vulnerability assessments
- CCNA certification
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Microsoft cloud technologies (Azure or AWS) are a plus!
- CCNP or CCIE Certifications are a plus!