This is a Global Manufacturing organization for whose business actually picked-up during Covid Pandemic, due to the nature of their economy-proof products. They have a large presence in North America with a Corporate office on the outskirts of Chicago.
After bringing onboard the most innovative and progressive Support Manager, they began to grow and rebuild their support services. Senior IT Support Engineer is a brand-new role designed to bring out of the box thinkers and seasoned engineers to the team!
The candidate will provide support to the corporate office employees as well as all executive leadership in addition to coordinating support needs for assigned locations. We are looking for a real expert in Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, and End User Technical Troubleshooting. The role will serve as an escalation point and informal leader for the Regional Support Team. The candidate must be comfortable taking on small projects and have a vested interest in contributing to continual process improvement.
- About a third of the time, providing support to corporate office staff, white-glove support to executives, and serve as an escalation point for Helpdesk and Regional Team Members
- Accurately recording activities in ticketing system
- Supporting all-company town halls using Teams Live Events
- About a third of the time, Identifies frequent/common issues and follows the escalation procedure for problems/major incidents
- Coordinating IT Support and Project efforts for assigned plant, office, as well as warehouse facilities.
- Managing a relationship with facility management (Plant Managers, Plant Controllers, etc) Communicates changes and project needs
- Tracking equipment and software lifecycles, proposing replacements as appropriate
- Obtaining feedback related to overall service satisfaction
- Overseeing related IT contractors, serving as a responsible party for timely scheduling and task assignments
- Reporting on completion and quality of work
- Training third party on specific IT standards, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with the company needs and standards
- Identifying gaps or inefficiencies in existing operations and proposes solutions/improvements
- Executing agreed-upon solutions to completion
- Performs change management on the team
- Contributing to knowledgebase articles and documentation
- Submitting purchase requisitions as needed for approval by manager
- 24×7 On-Call Support for assigned weeks, the primary point of contact within Regional Support for all High Priority issues during these periods
- At least an Associate’s degree and 5 years of IT support and/or IT infrastructure experience or bachelor’s degree and 3 years IT
- Strong support and/or IT infrastructure experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with employees in all departments at all levels · Server hardware installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting experience (RAID, Hyper-V, File Backup and Recovery) · Microsoft operating systems and applications such as Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint, Office365, Stream, Teams and
- Teams Live Events · Familiar with networking concepts (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VLAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP, DNS, Ethernet) · Interest in Automation/Scripting/Programming, tools such as PowerShell and Python
- Must be an expert in Microsoft MD-100: Windows 10 or Microsoft Office Specialist
- Willingness to obtain one or more common industry certifications within the first 60 days of employment
- ITIL 4 Foundation or higher
- Comptia A+ or Network+