Our client is a Global Financial Services Company with an impressive trading platform HQ’ed downtown Chicago with a new office downtown Austin, TX. They are looking for a Technical Operations Support Specialist to join their team immediately. This person is primarily responsible for first line support to internal and external clients. This position aims to give the best user experience on every interaction and represents the IT Department as a first line contact.
This organization is known for hiring the best and the brightest and this role offers the opportunity to get your foot in the door at a growing Global organization. Their name on your resume would serve as a badge of honor and this environment loves to promote from within.
This organization requires all employees who are required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically, to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination.
- This is an entry-level/ junior role; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred – internship experience great
- Interest in pursuing career in IT, datacenter operations, or Financial Services highly preferred
- Vendor coordination and management experience great
- Experience with PC hardware and basic support great but not required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, superior attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit sound judgment, maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Ability to exhibit problem-solving skills and demonstrate initiative and accountability
- Ability to adapt and accept changes in job responsibilities based on the strategic goals of the firm
- Flexibility to adjust hours as necessary in order to satisfy the essential functions of the position
- BONUS: Basic knowledge of network operating systems, network hardware/cabling, communication protocols, communications software, PC databases, and PC/server hardware preferred
Perks of the role:
- Reimbursement for travel to and from office (parking, public transit, Uber/Lyft, etc.)
- Free catered breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Above average compensation
- Opportunity to get your foot in the door at one of the World’s most successful financial services companies