Our client is the most prestigious in their industry. They have a strong presence throughout the US, Europe, and Asia and have focused on building teams of top performing individuals. This is an opportunity to join an organization that truly values their employees and puts an emphasis on creating challenging career paths.
We are looking for a true team player to join the Server Operations Team. This talented individual will first and foremost act as the SME for SCCM and SCOM environments- additionally, he/she will contribute to day-day support/administration of a global infrastructure. A successful candidate must have a strong background in virtualization with expert level knowledge of VMware and Active Directory. An absolute star will have worked primarily within a windows shop and value the importance of a collaborative team.
What will you do?
- Manage, configure, and support SCCM and SCOM environment
- Maintain, deploy and upgrade VMWare (Hyper-V a plus!
- Support and manage vCenter and Virtual Machine Manager
- Work closely with desktop operations team to manage and support server/desktop SCCM environment
- Ensure efficiency of the following; server and application monitoring, overrides, rules, and custom dashboards
- Troubleshoot and maintain a windows & Linux server environment
- Contribute to technical projects from planning to completion
- Act as SME to new technology and hardware, educate team members and managers accordingly
- Provide data center support as needed (replacing hardware, managing new servers, overall support)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, related field, or experience
- Expert knowledge of SCOM environment including; installing management packs, creating dashboards, upgrades, creating overrides/rules
- Expert knowledge of SCCM environment including; application deployment, patching servers, upgrades, client settings, troubleshooting
- In-depth experience configuring VMWare
- 5+ years experience working within Windows/Linux/Virtual environmenHands on experience within Active Directory beyond administration level- installation, DNS, DHP, GPO
- Basic scripting knowledge (VBScript, Powershell)
- Able to multi-task and manage your own time/progress
- Effective communicator with the ability to successfully work independently or within a team environment