WHO IS THE EMPLOYER?
Our client was one of the first tech start-ups in the Chicagoland area to pioneer the e-commerce space. Established in 2000, they are growing, evolving and innovating to continue to beat their competitors. As of today, they are number one in their industry.
They believe in a healthy work-life balance. With a North Shore office, this company brings the cool and trendy tech scene to folks in the suburbs, promoting a family-friendly environment that’s not boring! Their google-like office space is stocked up on refreshments, snacks and has a luxurious space for work and play.
WHO IS THE RIGHT CANDIDATE?
We want a REAL Full Stack Software Engineer. Our client uses Domain-Driven Design, Design patterns, Object Relational Mapping (ORM) via Doctrine, Symfony and Zend Frameworks for MVC in a LAMP stack environment. They use use ELK stack for search, logging, analysis and reporting and testing with PHPUnit, Behat, and PhantomJS. They work with PHPStorm, git, JIRA/Confluence/Bamboo/Bitbucket, slack, etc.
They use agile processes, peer code reviews, and continuous integration. You would have a whole spectrum of web development responsibilities, such as writing web apps (both front-end and back-end work), web service consumers and providers, automated publishing tools for client stores and retail channels, and critical business analytics applications.
- Develop enterprise web applications using Object Oriented Code in Symfony 2 framework on a LAMP stack, and more.
- Collaborating with other agile team members in planning and development of new features and systems, as well as improving existing platform components.
- Participating in development and working on integration with third party tools and services, as well as integration between different in-house systems.
- Performing data mining and analytics, including multi-database reporting.
YOU ARE A VIABLE CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE:
- Practical experience with any content management, document management and knowledge of management concepts.
- Solid experience with ANY object-oriented programming languages and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of web platforms and technologies, including HTTP, REST APIs, JSON.
WE WILL THINK YOU ARE A STAR IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Real-life experience with Service Oriented Architecture, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Node.js, github, Amazon Web Services.
- Enjoy researching, studying and using innovative open-source technologies.
- Able to show us your open source code or example projects that you’re proud to share.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash.