This candidate is going to work within all areas of SAP and Enterprise Applications to maximize the efficiency of IT across the board. They will analyze and document business requirements, assess technical options leading to technical decisions, and participate in the subsequent implementations. The Solution Architect will bridge the gap between business challenges and technology solutions. They will lay out a path, with concrete specifications, according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
They will primarily focus on solution-level decision making and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes, including:
- Understanding the business applications and technology ecosystem for our client’s North American business
- Initiating and leading discussions with business stakeholders and documentation (business and technical) requirements
- Heading up all of the business and IT applications assessments, evaluations & solutions
- Working with vendors to design, document, and present viable technical solution architectures that support the business requirements, as well as deliver solution prototypes
- Participating as an SME during project execution
- Staying up to date on best practices and aligning with the wider Domain Architecture community
- Review a variety of options of prospective solutions across multiple domains, including business functions, end user experience, data management, integration.
- Manage new development activities and ensure they are consistent and well-integrated with the established enterprise architecture, and promote reuse and standards adoption.
- Participate in key project and solution design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure solutions adhere to enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as consumer privacy issues) to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Manage compliance and compliance-related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Monitor emerging industry standards to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Work with PMO and support all delivery functions with technical expertise.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Over 5 years of experience working as an SAP Solution Architect and delivering IT solutions, with SAP Functional knowledge and SAP Basis background
- Estimate and plan all work effort relating to SAP Basis activities and Technical architecture components
- Make recommendations on applications Backup and Recovery, Disaster recover, High availability strategies and plans. Involved in planning and testing of the DR
- Design, present, and implement the new technical approach for all systems integrating to SAP
- Manage 3rd party dependencies related to SAP environment
- Plan and manage SAP systems maintenance schedule
- Experience with upgrades and support of the latest SAP systems versions.
- At least 5 years of working in multiple solution architecture domains (Business, Applications, Technology)
- Experience working alongside engineering on projects pertaining to software architecture design
- Experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create/read/update/delete matrices)
- ITIL experience – at least to foundation level
- TOGAF Certification (preferable)