Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing of aluminum and plastic products. They have a large presence in the United States, with a North American corporate office in the Rosemont area. They are looking for an IT Project Manager, who comes from a Manufacturing Environment and has experience managing software-related initiatives. This person will be engaged for a period of 8 months to 3 years working on multiple initiatives.
This huge organization is the product of several international mergers, therefore has sites and affiliations throughout the US– all in the process of unifying their IT practices. They are working on improving their existing applications and are constantly undergoing new integrations and upgrades. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who truly understands technology within a manufacturing setting of the SAP environment. The right candidate would be responsible for project delivery from initiation to implementation for various IT Projects. Primary objectives are requirements analysis, resource management, cost control, risk management, change management, governance, and project delivery.
- Proven success with managing SAP implementations and upgrades, preferably with WM/Logistics/Manufacturing processes
- Experience with managing Manufacturing Execution System implementations/upgrades (i.e., Quality, Shop-Floor, Labeling, Optimization, etc)
- Experienced Project Manager that can translate between business requirements and technical solutions
- Ability to identify, manage and mitigate project risks, and communicate appropriately to senior management.
- Master of documentation
Projected Initiatives with Additional Projects Coming Up…
- SAP Warehouse Management implementation
- Progress of going through AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) implementation that will need to work together with SAP WM and other in-house applications
- Quality Systems Upgrade for several plants across North America > project in progress, reaching end of System Testing and preparing for UAT for first pilot site
- Additional project work in the pipeline that may come into scope > additional SAP implementations and improvement projects, MES upgrade and enhancements projects, new initiatives for FY2021 (prep), assistance on other ongoing upgrades and projects.
Preferred Experience :
- Large-scale company background
- Experience reporting progress through comprehensive graphs and charts
- Experience running several projects simultaneously