This is a career enhancing role bridging between IT & Business in a mid-sized manufacturing organization with a very unique product offering. This role would be reporting to the Director of Business Transformation, who in turn reports to the CIO. The right candidate would ensure the systems’ needs of the business are fully understood while documenting the systems and process design. They would drive innovative thinking, assist the business in leveraging their use of technology to maximize efficiency, and to optimize operational process design. They would be expected to have enough experience so that they could introduce best practice business processes and make suggestions regarding the current processes.One of the biggest initiatives is building an eCommerce platform.
- Working directly with the Sales and Marketing teams – gather requirements, document analysis, host requirements workshops, create and conduct surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and determine which user requests are legitimate.
- Communicate in a proactive manner, collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements for delivering the following artifacts as needed: ex: Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs).
- Effectively utilize experience using company-wide requirements definition and management systems and required methodologies.
- Have a proven track record of successful engagement in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Take leadership to drive and challenge the business on their assumptions, persuade them to embrace change.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Create requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural comprehensive language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Learn to configure the company systems, and provide ongoing maintenance and support of the configuration.
- Professional experience in developing and maintaining Business Process Mapping.
- Proven track record of owning the company’s Master Data.
- Develop test scenarios and well as test plans and coordinate Unit and Integration Testing with the users.