This role is offered with a small yet highly profitable, 15-year-old Chicago-grown commercial services company, boasting stable growth in recent years. They are looking for the best .NET technologists they can find who can make an immediate impact contributing to the development of their core systems and software. They are seeking two developers with the ability to collaborate and contribute to the overall software infrastructure, remotely on a full-time salaried basis.
· Developing new features in C# / MVC/ ASP.NET / Entity Framework / SQL.
· Refactoring, integrating, updating, and replacing older technologies with modern versions; creating a more scalable environment.
· Creating unit tests to verify system behaviors.
· Performing integration and development tests (both manual and automated).
· Code reviews of the team’s Pull Requests.
· Working to deploy changes and features leveraging continuous integration technologies and techniques.
· Researching, analyzing, and resolving incidents and problems, often using SQL to discover data anomalies.
· Writing PowerShell and SQL scripts to streamline system support.
· Experience developing and troubleshooting using Microsoft .NET/C# and other related development languages.
· Bonus points for familiarity with Microsoft Azure including, but not limited to, Cloud Services, Azure Functions, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Logic Apps, Data Factories.
· Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, design patterns and principles.
· Professional experience with Inversion of Control / Dependency Injection to increase decoupling to facilitate software unit testing.
· Knowledge of software architecture and the ability to work with lead engineers at a technical level to design flexible, scalable, and secure systems.
· Knowledge of and experience with service-oriented architecture styles and protocols (e.g. REST, SOAP).
· Understanding modern web development architectures (APIs, microservices) and specific frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Web API highly valued).
· Experience with DevOps practices like continuous integration, automated deployments, distributed version control, and package management.
· .NET Framework 4.72,
· .NET Core
· ASP.NET 4.5+
· Web API
· Entity Framework 4, 5, 6, Core
· Visual Studio 2019+
· Microsoft Azure Tools v2.9+
· StructureMap 2.x, 4.5.x
· SQL Server 2012+
· SQL Azure
· Azure Storage
· Azure Cloud Services
· Azure Logic Apps
· Azure Data Factories
· Azure Function Apps
· 100% Remote + Flex Hours
· Salary + Quarterly Bonuses Performance-based Bonus
· Unlimited Vacation
· 401(k) with matching contributions
· Employee Stock Options
· A full complement of Health, Dental and Vision insurance options (including HSAs)