Our client company is one of the most famous manufacturers of infant and child products in the United States. This highly reputable company has a Global presence and major name recognition. They are consistently upgrading their eCommerce platform to best suit their growing customer base and place high focus on quality and cutting edge technology.
The successful incumbent of Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership in the management and delivery of quality Information services technology solutions. This includes the development, implementation and administration of technology strategy and operations. Specific accountabilities include testing strategy, test case development, test execution coverage, metrics reporting, resource utilization, release management, and overall administration and operation of quality assurance team and associated supported technologies. They will work with vendors and manage offshore resources to achieve maximum software quality.
- Responsible the product quality of all engineering releases
- In charge of coordinating all related change management
- Measure and communicate product (Web and App) quality to stakeholders and business owners
- Manage outside resources and offshore automation testing teams
- Working with closely with IT leadership to build QA strategy, roadmap, define deliverables and KPIs for the QA team
- Analyze product requirements and product architecture to develop a maximum efficient testing strategy
- Establish an overall quality measurement and reporting strategy and artifacts that can be used to communicate the product quality to key stakeholders
- Developing reporting and coverage metrics for automation suite
- Development and execution of test plans and test cases as well as scheduling the execution and reporting of automation tests
- Working with development team to drive defects and design changes from inception to resolution
- Work with outside vendors (local and remote) to provide variable cost options to scale up or down quality initiatives.
- Participate in agile process with sprints across multiple product areas
- Performing QA testing before and after releases as well as setting the goals and standards for the QA and automation team
- Analyze release issues and core problems and communicate with your IT development partners
- Integrating QA testing into a continuous integration development model
- Participate in setting goals, strategies and initiatives across multiple platforms as well as setting quality standards for the QA and automation teams
- Bachelor’s degree (Degree in Technology would be preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in working on software quality, with at least 2 years in a technical leadership role in QA and automation
- Must have previous leadership experience with QA or Automation Engineers teams
- Solid experience with UI automation using Selenium and related technologies and API automation
- Experience building frameworks to orchestrate automation
- Experience writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites utilizing a variety of technologies including, Python Cucumber/behave, Selenium, Requests
- Must be proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Hands-on experience of CI/CD concepts, including Git, Jenkins or equivalent.
- Solid experience working with relational databases
- Previous experience with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS etc.
- Experience in working with outside vendors and offshore teams is a plus