ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
Our Client is a well-funded 3 year-old tech financial start-up, founded by a group of successful serial entrepreneurs with a winning track record of building companies and taking them public. Call us to hear more about whom, when and how – you will be impressed!
To them — we are not just a Staffing Vendor, but an investor. We were proud to be invited to invest in this company among many famous equity firms. They chose us as a partner because they wanted us to give them the highest priority in staffing. This is the company that understands that people are their greatest assets.
If you are chosen for this role, you will not only get the room for creativity, you will also get access to the cream of the crop of Chicago’s tech community. Already close to 150 employees, mostly technical staff, this place isn’t only a Candyland of technology, it is a cluster of brilliant minds. However culturally it’s a laid back and fun group of folks, Their headquarters is in a brand-new office space located steps away from Union Station in Chicago. They also have an office in Miami and Ukraine. However they offer flexibility, so you can work remotely and therefore live anywhere in the country.
This organization is seeking a highly talented Sr. QA Automation Engineer to join a small team of quality assurance engineers. This person will roll up to the QA Automation Lead and act as a highly visible member of technical staff. This resource will be responsible for not only implementing automation framework but also build automation tools from the ground up.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
- Take ownership and responsibility for the design and development of all aspects of automated testing along with creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts
- Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
- Coordinate with other teams to assure end-to-end verification of functionality across all systems components
- Consistently improve test automation infrastructure and coverage
- Build automation tools for various areas directly and indirectly related to quality assurance
- Must have experience writing automated tests with tools like Selenium/WebDriver and Appium
- Familiarity with SQL and data-driven automated tests
- Some experience programming in Java or Ruby
- At least one year of experience testing transactional web applications, including testing of RESTful web services and client-side presentation functionality.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems, Continuous Delivery pipelines and Integration Testing, a plus
- Must LOVE automation
THEIR TECH STACK:
- AWS – EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Sagemaker, etc
- Ruby and Python
- Rails, Chalice, Sinatra
- QA test suite – Java, Cucumber
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Medical Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision and Life Insurance/Unlimited PTO
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact, learn from the best
- Highly Competitive Salary and Equity Offering
- Work Remotely from ANYWHERE in US