WHO ARE THESE GUYS? Our client is a well-funded financial services tech start-up, founded by a group of successful serial entrepreneurs. This new organization already has over 20 million dollars in capital and they are building a team of the best and the brightest. If you are chosen for this role, you will not only be granted room for creativity, you will also have access to the cream of the crop of Chicago’s tech community. You will join a laid back and fun group of folks in a brand new office space located steps away from Union Station.
HOW COOL IS THIS GIG? This Python Dev will be working directly with their data science team. Their mission is to build the most innovative tools possible, evolve the data pipeline, and transform their work into production-ready assets using your unique engineering perspective. Yes, it’s a very creative job- and that’s why we need someone who loves Python, understands Data and thinks outside the box… then again if you code in Python, you already do!
We are looking for someone whose values are similar to the values of our client’s technical leadership. Someone who believes unit tests are crucial and doesn’t mind writing them. A problem solver who isn’t afraid to touch deployment processes.
WHAT IS A REAL PYTHON DEV?
- 3+ years of Python or Ruby experience
- Experience with APIs.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases (specifically PostgreSQL)
- Ability to write SQL by hand
- Familiarity with basic Infrastructure/DevOps concepts such as containers, deployment strategies, monitoring, etc.
- Experience building tools and tooling for less technical users, such as tech/product support or junior developers.
- Unlimited Time Off
- Equity Offering
- Pretty-awesome Heath Insurance
- Love & acceptance by colleagues no matter how weird you might be