Our client is one of the largest manufacturing organizations in their field with plants, offices, clients, and vendors scattered across the globe. Despite COVID-19 affecting the marketplace, their products are thriving, and their organization is growing rapidly. This multi-billion dollar company is going through a technical transformation and due to their rapid expansion through acquisition, they are looking to hire several resources across IT and are currently looking to hire a Network Project Manager
This Network Project Manager will work on all projects and initiatives relating to a network build out for one of the largest manufacturing facilities across the U.S. They will be organizing and controlling project activities through communicating risks, opportunities, and the current state of the project within the IT organization. They will be coordinating meetings, resources, equipment, and information. Their goal is to complete all projects on time and within budget. They will be managing workflow, scheduling assignments, evaluating the course of the project, and reporting its status to the management and stakeholders. This resource will work with integrated IT project and business teams to outline project objectives, carry them to completion, and remain involved post go-live.
- Lead project meetings, direct project correspondence by preparing and reviewing project proposals, coordinating with distributed teams and interacting heavily with network and infrastructure engineers.
- Manage large network deployments and build outs from scratch
- Track and monitor project progress and timelines
- Responsible for all risk management, potential problems, and technical issues and help develop solutions and risk mitigation plans.
- Manage third party vendors and contractors
- Plan and manage project schedules, hold everyone involved accountable for their part, follow-up with stakeholders with updates.
- Responsible for all aspects of change management
- Manage documentation by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures, maintain budget records.
Skills and Requirements:
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
- Fundamental understanding of the IT network in an enterprise environment
- Previous experience managing large-scale network build outs and conversions
- Experience with Change & Risk Management practices in a large-scale setting
- Manufacturing background
- ITIL Understanding
- User Knowledge of ServiceNow