This is a Global Manufacturing organization for whose business has actually picked-up throughout the last year due to the nature of their economy-proof products. They have a large presence in North America with a Corporate office on the outskirts of Chicago and several local locations.
Due to their steady acquisition schedule, they are seeking a Network Engineer to join their team remotely. This resource will be expected to work with a small team of existing Network Engineers to design, build, standardize, and maintain national networks while partnering with distributed teams. This person will also be expected to travel up to 15% over time.
- Set-up Networks at multiple sites, collaborating with peers and management and finding solutions to meet business standards.
- Work with IT and Business leaders to assess short-term and long-term network capacity needs.
- Develop and support resilient network topologies, network change management processes, and effective network recovery procedures.
- Propose new technologies and processes that add potential business value to the IT solution set.
- Provide technical guidance on the integration of applications and industrial equipment into their network landscape.
- Keep updated dashboards of project progress and communicate regular updates to IT management.
- 5 years or more of senior IT network experience in network design, implementation, and service administration.
- Project Management experience, including managing timelines, project cost tracking, risk assessment and mitigation, and effective management of project resources
- Must have experience with Zscaler
- Proficiency with network security including firewall topology design, network access control, and WiFi security.
- Must have experience with LAN and WAN infrastructure, routing and switching, hardware and software implementation and exposure to MPLS environment
– Manufacturing Industry Background Preferred