Our client is one of the top performing logistics company in North America with one of the best TMS platforms in the industry! This is a privately-owned organization that has built its success on collaboration and lasting relationships. They have integrated the latest and greatest technology to maximize company efficiency and target the brightest professionals to join their team.
We are looking for a Manager of Software Engineering that has a strong passion for technology. You will report into the SVP of Engineering and take complete ownership of your teams growth and success. You will focus on architectural design and building a dynamic and collaborative group that will deliver versatile software solutions. You must have a strong understanding of coding and best practices to continuously mentor and develop your engineers. The ideal candidate will be a zealous leader that truly wants to invest his/her time in building a rockstar team.
What is expected of you as a Leader?
- Train and mentor a team of 10-12 software engineers
- Identify technical requirements, timelines, and architectural design based on the needs of the business
- Lead Scrum standups, sprints, and story refinement
- Manage software testing efforts through unit testing, integration testing, and automated UI testing with a focus on CI/CD pipelines
- Establish team goals and hold your team accountable to meet deadlines. Continuously provide updates to leadership and all other parties involved in the development lifecycle
- Identify key metrics and manage your teams performance
- Stay up to date on emerging technology and look for ways to improve engineering process.
- Motivate your team!
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience leading or managing a team
- At least 5 years’ experience in a software engineering role- working with multiple different technology stacks (C# or other object-oriented languages)
- Experience with multiple cloud solutions (AWS and Azure)
- Proven success working cohesively with other areas of the business
- Experience identifying appropriate resources for projects, managing performance using metrics, and creating process to maximize delivery
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with executive team on future development strategy for the organization.
- Experience with M&A a plus!
- Logistics experience a plus!