Our client is a global retailer having been around for over 60 years, headquartered in the northwest suburbs! The target demographic has expanded over the years and presents a significant opportunity for advancement and change. The business has made strategic partnerships which has triggered rapid growth and new leadership has focused on making technology a top priority. It is an exciting time as the organization leverages new markets and continues growth globally.
Why Join the team?
You will be coming in during a complete digital transformation of the organization’s global infrastructure. You will help shape the overall re-design and development of the networks which means your ideas and voice will be heard.
What will be your role?
You will act as the Lead Engineer for the North America networks. You will be a hands-on member of the team, providing mentorship to more junior engineers and stepping in as an escalation point when needed. You will work with leadership to plan, design, and execute a predominantly Cisco and Fortinet environment and oversee day-to-day operations. In addition to your technical skills being put to use, you must be an out-of-the box thinker with a unique approach to problem solving.
Areas of Expertise?
- LAN, WAN, WLAN
- Cisco Routers, routing protocols, switches and wireless infrastructure
- Network security (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and Fortinet firewalls)
- Retail POS Systems
- Monitoring Solutions (SolarWinds)
- Cisco CUCM Call Manager
- DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, DMVPN, HSRP, BGP, EIGRP
- Server and Networking Principals
- Data Center Networking configuration and design (Disaster Recovery)
- Load Balancing (Citrix ADC a plus!)
- Network Management tools (sniffers, monitoring platforms)
- PIC Standards and Compliance
- Day-Day Operation Support
- Certifications Highly Preferred – MCSE, CCNA, VCP, VCIP, ITIL, CISSP, CISM
Sounds like you…let’s chat?