Our client is the most progressive and innovative manufacturing company in Chicago. A leader in their industry, they have gone above and beyond to take care of their staff. Their eco-friendly office space with spacious employee lounges, bamboo floors, daylight imitating illumination and sports- themed conference rooms! This organization has a great line of products, leading in their industry as it relates to quality and innovation and they truly appreciate the people who make it possible.
Much like the rest of the organization their IT department is also changing and progressing. The new CIO (who is crazy about the latest technology) is making more and more changes to modernize infrastructure and improve operations. These candidates with plan, coordinate, and supervise all efforts related to the Systems and Networking Infrastructure and Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems as needed.
- This person will bring their experience and knowledge of best practices to the team on aspects related to the design, testing and implementation of mission-critical information business systems.
- The candidate will be expected to generate and manage project plans, create policies and procedures for the team, including establishing SLAs with corresponding metrics.
- A successful Infrastructure Operations Manager will continually improve the performance of their team by adopting and enhancing the team’s application of standard practices, measuring performance and managing the development of team personnel.
- They will provide support for multiple projects; adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different customer environments. The right candidate will be able to provide quality technical solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Either a college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science or at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- 6+ years direct experience in Infrastructure, Operations and Systems Management.
- Hands-on experience with system automation and system management tools.
- Working knowledge of systems quality assurance, best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with core Infrastructure Technologies including: LAN/WAN/WLAN, Network Hardware, Printers, Servers, Virtualization, Telephony.
- Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience and willingness to perform occasional desktop support personally when needed.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. TO MAKE A
- Certifications in PMI and ITIL
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment
- Background in supporting large initiatives and working with PMO