Our client is a leading provider of cloud and on-premise solutions with more experience than any other provider in their field. They are headquartered on the Magnificent Mile in Downtown Chicago in a stunning office space providing amazing views of the city. They have produced a laundry list of technology innovations and firsts in their industry and are looking for someone to join their team to help create the next line of original solutions.
We are seeking a hands-on entrepreneurial spirited IT Infrastructure Director for a newly created role due to tremendous company growth. This person will be a high-impact leader that will be responsible for supporting and advancing our enterprise infrastructure systems and growth initiatives.
- Implement the strategic plan related to the stable, secure and cost-effective operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure that ensures current and long-term capacity needs.
- Recommends and manages short and long-term projects designed to meet business requirements for infrastructure functionality, performance, availability, cost and business continuity needs while taking into account business direction and growth strategies.
- Designs and administers cloud architecture, legacy server and network systems, storage solutions and virtual environments.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with senior leadership and cross-functionally between teams.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology, and emerging product/service opportunities.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements.
- 6 + years’ experience in the implementation, management, and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems that include cloud architectures, server technologies, and unified communication technologies, LANs, WANs, and unified communication systems.
- Hands-on skills in cloud architecture (AWS preferred), Cisco hardware (router, firewall, switches, etc.), Active Directory, virtualization (VMWare preferred) are required.
- Experience in: Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, or Asterisk.
- Experience in data networks (Cisco, Aruba, Extreme, Juniper, etc.)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing, and Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, SIP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, NFS, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience.