Our client is a worldwide manufacturing company one of the largest and best-known producers in their industry. They have multiple plants producing their highly demanded products in different parts of the world. This role specially covers their North American manufacturing presence.
The Manufacturing Applications Manager will lead the team responsible for shop-floor applications and related application integration. The purpose of this role is to understand business requirements & processes, identify business technology and/or process & information opportunities, working with business & IT managers to manage and ensure successful end to end delivery of IT projects or IT work stream of business projects to agreed time, cost, and quality. The role is also responsible for developing and maintaining service operation strategy for MES application(s). The role maintains accountability for confirming that the appropriate processes and quality metrics are in place for the manufacturing applications
- Responsible for overall configuration, development, operations, and integration of applications under the Internal Manufacturing and Engineering (IME) MES team and within the area of responsibility.
- Manage a team of functional and technical resources in the areas of MES, SAP MII, Operations, Development, and Support
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationship with functional counterparts in the business and cross functional IT leads
- Manage application development, integration, maintenance, and support activities for process monitoring applications, shop floor applications (home-grown and out of the box)
- Execute and Manage Global projects while partnering with the business and IT to identify risks and potential production downtime
- Collaborate with Global technical teams to architect home grown systems (.Net, C# interfacing data via OPC and PLC)
- Integrate and manage quality control and process monitoring systems (APS)
- Serve as the initial contact point for audit activities in MES for applications under area of responsibility – collaborating with third party vendors
- Manage MES application installation, configuration, and deployment to manufacturing sites; monitor the performance, reliability, and availability of the MES service; maintain and update operational run books
- Act as project manager for small to mid-sized projects ranging in size and scope
- Drive the change management effort in the QA and Production environment
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in information technology
- Must have experience managing technical resources and vendors
- Business collaboration, experience acting as a technical liaison for software vendors
- Participate in innovation initiatives to improve overall technical landscape
- Demonstrated excellence in complex technologies, including integration tools, and translating concepts to outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with the client business to elicit document requirements and drive functional vision
- Background in Software Development highly valued, must also be familiar with infrastructure related projects
- Integration of SAP and shop floor applications for production and downtime monitoring
- Management of proprietary and out of the box manufacturing execution systems and applications
- Experience with MES software development and problem resolution
- Experience working in a large-scale Manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Demand and Release and Deployment Management.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Experience managing people, including HR responsibilities.
- Significant engineering background and mindset