Our client is a top consulting firm in Chicago- the organization has a close-knit team where ideas are heard and encouraged. Named one of the fastest growing tech companies they offer innovative solutions to mid-size companies with a customizable approach. The organization values its employees and offers highly competitive benefits and promotes wellness with a gym onsite! Good news for those who don’t love to be on the road- most of their client-base is located within the Chicagoland area so there is limited travel!
They are currently looking to add a Data Center Engineer to the operations team to focus on all infrastructure related projects. Your main area of focus will include cloud services, virtualization, servers, storage- and a strong emphasis with O365 and Active Directory. A true fit for this role will be client-facing and have the ability to adapt to new environments with little to no turnaround time. Project work will be your primary responsibility, but you will also be asked to help out with smaller initiatives as well as support tickets. You MUST have a passion for learning new technologies and love being hands-on.
What is expected of YOU?
- Provide environment assessments, data center consulting services, deployments, upgrades, and environment support to a variety of clients
- Focus primarily on projects relating to Cloud services, Storage, and Virtualization
- Work on multiple projects at a time and deliver results on-time and on-budget
- Responsible for ticket que and providing updates to the customer
- Partner with other members of the operations teams to ensure smooth transition after project completion
- Provide updates on project progress and billable hours
- Work closely with various teams to ensure client needs are met
- Create customer diagrams and detailed documentation
- Familiar with SOW, SLAs, and service revenue goals
What experience is Required?
- Upgrade or Implementation experience with the following technology-
- Active Directory
- MS Azure
What scores Bonus Points?!
- Storage Solutions
- Vmware Vsphere
- Server hardware knowledge; UCS-B/C, Dell, HP
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- SharePoint knowledge
- Familiar with SCCM
- Cisco/Nexus routing and switching
- Backup Solutions