Although our client has been around for a while, they worked to re-invent themselves over the last few years and have transformed the digital commerce space with their efficient solutions. Their clients include some of the most recognizable brand names in the world and they have experienced tremendous growth within the US markets. They are continuing to grow their Chicago team, bringing on tech enthusiasts and out of the box thinkers! This is an opportunity for someone looking to kick start their career on the Service Desk Engineering team.
Our clients service desk is not your average support team. Not only do they manage and support a PaaS infrastructure for various clients, but their responsibilities go far beyond a support role. As a crucial member of the team, you will be assisting in a variety of projects ranging from system/servers, database, storage/networks and security. A strong candidate will be well versed in AWS OR Azure and have previously worked within a Linux environment. The team is made up of diverse backgrounds focusing in Database Administration, System/DevOps administration and Support engineering. The Manager of Global Service Operations finds a way to optimize each individuals strengths which makes for a super-star team!
What to Expect in the role?
- Service Desk functions include; prioritizing requests through ticketing system, providing clear communication to customers on requests, escalating issues when needed, and detailed documentation (incident and changes timelines!)
- Follow best practices within IT Service Delivery (ITIL process, incident/change/problem management
- Act as point of contact between technical support team and customers- always delivering highest customer satisfaction
- Continuously work to improve customer experience by responding to tickets within or before time frames set by SLAs
- Manage/Monitor environment using Nagios/New Relix, help improve accuracy of tools
- Work closely with your team members to ensure project deadlines are met, test each others work, and collaborate on process improvements
- Participate in various infrastructure related projects
- Two years experience working within AWS/AZURE environment
- At least two years experience with Linux O/S environment (knowledge of MySQL and Apache)
- Previous experience troubleshooting physical and software related issues using ITIL ticketing system
- Knowledge of Network Support/Administration (Routing/Switching, IP Routing, VPN, SSL, load balancing, content switches, NAS Storage & data replication, firewalls)
- Familiar with web technologies (web technologies – DNS, Email, Spam, TCP/IP etc DNS, Email, Spam, TCP/IP )
- Testing knowledge (able to report test results and participate in disaster recovery testing)
- Experience monitoring platforms using tools such as Splunk, Keynote, New Relic, Dynatrace
- Familiar with services desk process and best practices
- Understand database management, logical design concepts and levels of database security and backup/recovery
- Knowledgeable of security requirements and standards. Familiar with applications/tools and methodologies
- Understand Command Line Interface and Command line Functions
- Ability to solve complex problems and think on your feet
- Available for weekend work as required