Our client is a family-owned organization started right here in Chicago. Over the years they have grown their footprint and are now considered one of the go-to names in their industry! This is a very exciting time to join the team and the organization as they go through a digital transformation. This position offers remote flexibility, the team is currently on a hybrid schedule!
As an Infrastructure Supervisor, you will act as the right hand to the VP of Technology and oversee a small team of engineers and support technicians to support corporate users and multiple store locations. You will be the go-to person for all infrastructure needs. In addition to acting as a hands-on escalation point for your team, you will be responsible to train, mentor and advise on best practices. You will be responsible for all networks, servers, security, and storage lifecycle management. You must feel confident in owning project delivery while taking a customer centric approach.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise and leadership in assessing, planning, designing, implementing, and supporting systems infrastructure, network, security and operations
- Develop and manage lifecycle plan for data center equipment: core networking, compute, storage, security, and backup environment
- Support the following technology; Cisco Switches, Access Point, Wifi, Windows desktop environment, Windows Server environment, printers, production copiers, fax machines, phone system, Hosted Exchange Email, and a wide variety of software packages
- Analyze and improve organizational process and workflow, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes
- Manage all aspects of team building, team members career development and terms
- Manage Information Security for all systems are compliant and address vulnerabilities
- Responsible for setting strategy for the new platform
- Lead for IT Projects (System, Network, Security)
- Build and maintain vendor partnerships
- Manage and mentor the Engineering team and Technical Support including training and development, day to day systems management, operation and security.
- Leadership experience required
- Well rounded knowledge of operating systems and network protocols
- Hands-on system engineering (Windows server, O365, AD, AzureAD, Microsoft Office)
- Hands-on network engineering (Cisco Switches, access points, wifi DNS, External DNS, TCP/IP, Firewalls, WAN, DHCP, Endpoints, Security)
- Ability to travel to additional sites as needed