Our client is a well-known player within financial services sector; located in one of Chicago’s premier districts- magnificent mile! They have a presence around the world, with their largest office right here in Chicago. The Director of IT has made his biggest initiative transforming their infrastructure to a cutting-edge environment and is looking to bring a hands-on, collaborative leader to his team.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Manager to lead a small team of support analysts, administrators, and engineers. The right candidate won’t be afraid to “roll up their sleeves” yet also be comfortable working closely with the Director himself on strategy and creating roadmaps based on the needs of the business. You will be responsible for all areas ranging from support desk to any infrastructure related projects- you will own this!
- Manage day-to-day operations to ensure both new and current IT initiatives are completed within agreed upon timeframe and delivered to user expectations. Communicates with decision makers and stakeholders to ensure understanding of deliverables and negotiate expectations.
- Coordinate and manage outsourced resources and vendor software providers, ensure compatibility with current systems while remaining up to date with technologies
- Actively participate in meetings and decisions related to IT infrastructure, giving appropriate support and direction to staff and others impacted
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve problems. Remain flexible to business needs and changes. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Respond quickly to support requests and manages these requests in the Help Desk ticketing system
- Develops and maintain emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data
Stay up to date on technology and research innovative solutions and new releases
- 2+ years leadership experience
- 5+years’ experience working within infrastructure role
- Hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft Stack of Technologies
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams)
- Systems administration of; Servers, SANs, Windows Server, Storage
- Administration of Networks – Routers, Switches, Firewall, UTM, LAN/WAN
- Cloud implementation Experience (Microsoft Azure or AWS)
- Exposure to and understanding of ITSM/ITIL and ticketing system
- Knowledge of and experience with Cyber Security best practices and procedures.
- Vendor management experience
- Working knowledge of network security and compliance (encryption, security audit)
- Financial Services background preferred