Our client is a global retailer having been around for over 60 years, headquartered in the northwest suburbs! The target demographic has expanded over the years and presents a significant opportunity for advancement and change. The business has made strategic partnerships which has triggered rapid growth and new leadership has focused on making technology a top priority. It is an exciting time as the organization has made a commitment to continue its growth track this year and expand on a global level. The team is primarily remote and will continue to offer flexibility, however you must be available to come into the office as needed!
We are looking for a Global Network Manager to oversee the North American and European network. You will be providing extensive technical expertise to ensure optimal networking performance, as well as leading the assessment, planning, design, maintenance, and support for a global infrastructure. Additionally, you will be responsible for capacity planning, configuration, testing, and management for data, wireless, and video/voice infrastructure. As a manager you will work closely with your team to develop each individual and best utilize their skills. Another key component to this role is working with senior leadership to coordinate global network initiatives and taking ownership of key projects. You must have excellent written and verbal communication and understand the nuances of a corporate structure.
Areas of Expertise?
- Technical, hands on Network and Voice Management experience, and well as experience managing a network team, including budgeting, hiring, and mentorship.
- Prior experience working in large scale, global, IP-based network environments.
- Must have strong SD-WAN experience.
- Security: firewalls, IDS/IPS, WIPS, NAC, security monitoring, and network compliance solutions.
- Routing & Switching: MPLS, VPLS, WAN, LAN, SD-WAN, wireless networks, VPN, QoS, NAT, VLANs, HSRP, BGP, and IGP.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- Network Monitoring: ability to implement and analyze network solutions.
- Voice: SIP protocol and technologies, VOIP networks, and video conferencing platforms
Nice to have?
- Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCVP, MCSE, CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, and/or CCNP Security
- Global Network experience
- Retail experience