This Global consumer product company serves as a giant hub between thousands of suppliers and customers with an impressive tech stack powering it all! Employing over 5,000 worldwide and a history dating back nearly 100 years and have several major projects in motion spanning over the next 5+ years. This is not a fully remote position, requires occasional onsite attendance.
They are searching for a Global IT Manager to join them immediately. This person will manage a team of internal employees as well as consultants in application development initiatives for ERP systems, application integration, upgrades, and support.
This resource will manage a geographically dispersed team of 12 internal employees and work closely with business stakeholders, customers, and IT. This role requires an understanding of IT processes however this person will not be a technical, hands-on manager (no need for development background).
- Lead delivery of projects involving applications supporting our ERP system (OTC, P2P, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics) as well as associated ecosystems
- Manage functional architecture analysis, research, design and development of new functionality and integration with key applications
- Responsible for managing existing team as well as hiring new employees overtime (direct and contract)
- Manage a team consisting of internal and external resources in North America and abroad (12 people and growing)
- Drive business system development, integration, data migration and conversions
- Hold self and others accountable to the committed deadlines and ensure successful deliverables
- Engage with leading customers and strategic partners to identify and validate requirements and translate to successful solution design and delivery
- Lead team in driving and delivering customer solutions
- Performing and supporting integration architecture and infrastructure design activities
- Act as a mentor, coach, and identify training to team members by facilitating the sharing of solution and technical expertise.
- Follows general policies and guidelines for projects under his/her control to ensure specific, project goals are met and desired results are achieved.
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of team, as well as overall employee satisfaction for the team.
- 5 years or more of experience leading a technical team
- Thorough understanding of the project lifecycle from requirements definition through post implementation support
- Experience managing or leading people, hiring resources, performance reviews, etc.
- Experience in managing application developers and support resources in person and remote
- Experience working within eCommerce, supply chain, consumer goods, retail, distribution, logistics, or manufacturing environment with Global reach
- Experience managing and allocating large budgets, negotiating with vendors, creating SOWs, etc.
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills
- Must be approachable and have excellent interpersonal skills both remotely and in person.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, adapt easily and handle crisis situations
- Be ambitious and strive for continuous improvement, both for the team, and personally
- Previous experience supporting WMS and hybrid warehouse environments
- OTC, P2P, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics (SAP a plus but not required)
- Experience with E-Commerce environment
- Technical understanding of IBM iSeries systems