We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join a collaborative Ed-Tech organization that genuinely stands behind their product. You will have the opportunity to work with a collaborative and brilliant group of technical gurus on a product that truly makes a positive impact on society. This is not your average start-up, they are backed by top-tier investors, have always fostered a remote culture to allow their employees the flexibility and work-life balance that they deserve. You won’t be working around the clock yet you’ll have co-workers from all areas of the world to collaborate with on technical solutions.
Ass an Engineering Manager you will lead by example and oversee your team’s growth and success. You will work closely with each team member, mentoring, and ensuring that everyone is progressing towards their professional goals. You will conduct reviews, schedule one-on-ones, and work closely with the leadership team to maximize your group’s performance. You must have experience managing teams, identifying priorities, establishing goals, and holding teams accountable to meet standards and deadlines. You will not be asked to code day to day, but you will be expected to come from an engineering background in order to better direct your team.
- At least 2 years as an Engineering Manager
- Background is software engineering (Familiar with functional programming, or excited to learn it!)
- Experience conducting reviews, making staffing decisions, and delegating tasks
- Proven track record inspiring teams to meet goals and mentoring engineers looking to grow within their careers
- Education Industry experience (a plus!)