Our client was one of the first tech start-ups in the Chicagoland area pioneering the eCommerce space and have grown to exceed over 600 employees world-wide. Established in 2000, they are growing, evolving, and innovating to continue to beat their competitors. As of today, they are number one in their industry, business is currently booming and they are looking to grow their team with the best of the best!
We are looking for a passionate eCommerce Product Owner to join our small team of technical professionals. This is a very exciting role for a dynamic, creative individual to make an immediate impact. We want a career driven, start-up loving, money motivated individual to work on projects pertaining to our proprietary US-based eCommerce sites. The perfect Product Owner will work well on a team and will work on high volumes of transactional data, partnering with both the business and technical teams around the World.
Exactly what we need:
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and enhance our global presence. We are seeking a Product Owner to work with internal customers to understand their needs, document their requirements, and communicate ideas to development teams.
- Work with developers and business units on clarifying requirements and negotiating the scope of the proposed enhancements based on feature priorities and development estimates
- Enforce and monitor established feature management process
- Interact with internal clients to define and document feature improvements – Measuring feature improvement impact
- Create high level, detailed requirements to be shared among business units
- Participate in the release process to surface any issues prior to release
- Ensure that roadmaps and the product backlog are visible, transparent, and clear
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or Engineering
- At least two years of hands-on B2C eCommerce Product Ownership Experience within a small to mid-sized organization (Coming from a start-up? We want you)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience writing functional and technical requirements for eCommerce site
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office tools
- Proven track record of envisioning and implementing solutions to meet business goals
- Ability to motivate and influence teams without direct authority
- 2+ years of experience in:
- Web development (any language)
- Agile environment
- JIRA and Confluence