Our client is one of the top performing logistics company in North America with one of the best TMS platforms in the industry! This is a privately owned organization that has built its success on collaboration and lasting relationships. They have integrated the latest and greatest technology to maximize company efficiency and target the brightest professionals to join their team. If you are looking for growth and opportunity it is an exciting time to join the organization!
We are looking for a senior DBA with a robust background in SQL to join a tight-knit IT team. You will report into the Application Support Manager and work hand in hand with the business. You will be the sole DBA on this team and will work closely with various departments within the organization. Your day-to-day will consist of administration/support, project related work and troubleshooting of a multi-database environment. Not only will you play a hands-on role, but you will also advise management on potential database changes and improvements. This is an agile shop that appreciates individuals with a can-do attitude. You will be given all the tools to be successful- your future is in your hands!
What are we looking for?
- Several years’ experience in MS SQL Server database administration
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server database administration in Windows and virtual environments
- Familiar working with MySQL/NoSQL
- AWS Database knowledge
- Possess knowledge of performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of systems
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across organizational lines
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents
- Organize information, manage tasks and use available tools to effectively contribute to a team and the organization
- Perform system analysis and create reports to display trends and overall statistics based on data
- Operational automation using scripting- must have the ability to write scripts from scratch (powershell or other related language)