About the Role
Our global client is seeking an Enterprise Data Center Manager to join their Enterprise applications team directly here in Chicago OR their co-headquarters located in Chicago. This person will oversee data center facilities, managed service partners, and support processes for the SAP hosting landscape. The resource stepping into this position is responsible for coordinating operations and recovery solutions to ensure an efficient, effective and secure data center solution.
This role also responsible for change management and oversees data center moves, major projects, and the transformation of infrastructure or consolidation/optimization of the server landscape. They will work with partners to identify appropriate architecture, requirements, and implementation plans.
- Monitor, document and escalate the performance metrics of the outsourced SAP Basis and datacenter teams, including support services, project consultants, and internal IT support team members.
- Manage SAP upgrades and SAP release changes, including SAP support packages, system copies and the relocation of system landscapes, including the change management around these initiatives
- Manage day-to-day data center operations and environment monitoring, support.
- Oversee business partners, conducting operations and deployments of server hosts, virtual machines, and computer room environments.
- Assist senior management in prioritizing the infrastructure portfolio, budgets and spending, and business priorities for the plant server room and datacenter landscapes.
- Manage project progress, risks, opportunities, and escalation of issues to management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve complex business problems affecting project and program successes.
- Manage the operations, installations, and logistics of systems in the outsourced data center and the local site computer rooms.
- Implement data center policies and Disaster Recovery Plan including coordination of regular DR testing with a hosting provider.
- Manage patching and updates of the OS, DB, and underlying systems with the datacenter hosting teams and the internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of Data Center management experience in the SAP environment
- Conceptual understanding of Windows Server OS, Linux, Oracle, and SQL
- Experience negotiation with outside vendors
- Ability to travel up to 15%