This is great opportunity for a strong leader with a growing insurance monster. They are looking for a seasoned individual to dive into the environment and continue to take them to enterprise level. The candidate will take the bull by the horns and assess the situation and start making suggestions. They with report directly to CEO and manage a Director of Infrastructure, Director of App Dev.-PTS and iSeries, and Director of App Dev-Web. Although the initial budget is set at 6 million, this may change as the spectrum of initiatives grows and that is the plan! They are looking at technology updates, HIPA compliance and more exciting projects in the nearest future! If you are a creative energetic leader who understands insurance business, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
- Manage development and design of applications, support services and other IT functions to meet needs of the business
- Work with executive team and department leaders to understand and prioritize company objectives
- Recommend projects to improve cost savings, efficiency, and increase revenue
- Create policies and procedures to ensure information systems comply with environment standards and security measures
- Work closely with the business to get a core understanding of their business goals and processes and provide IT Solutions to support those efforts
- Work directly with CEO to make strategic decisions for company and planning/managing the budget to ensure IT objectives are met
- Manage and develop IT department and continue to invest in leadership development and talent management process
- Boost project management process to deliver on time and within budget
- Develop and maintain high standards in legal compliance, security, and IT governance
- Develop and improve security policies as it relates to information systems
- Manage and encourage IT department to be a strategic partnership to the business
- Ensure IT department maximizes efficiency and effectiveness within the organization
- Develop and communicate clear performance expectations; monitoring and observing performance of direct reports; providing clear and timely feedback and development;
Insurance background and experience with HIPA compliance projects is a HUGE PLUS!