Our client is an innovative and growing IT solutions company in downtown Chicago. In this position you will join a high performing team, working with the latest stack of technology and agile methodologies. This organization offers the chance to work in a laid-back environment with a foosball table, fully stocked fridge, and company happy hours!
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst/ Product Owner to get on board with their small, yet growing IT staff. You will work with a handful of BA’s and developers and be expected to collaborate on projects to meet client’s needs. You will focus on specific projects, gather requirements, and help propose solutions. You will be under the leadership of a passionate, intelligent individual that values an intellectual mind, and go-getter attitude.
Your responsibility includes:
- Team up with Business and Product Owners to identify project vision and recommend solutions
- Act as a client facing liaison between the customer and client– personality matters!
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to gather requirements on specific systems and processes
- Act as subject matter expert in customer’s business needs and sole contact between business and delivery teams
- Participate in iteration planning meetings to determine user stories, capacity, velocity, and estimation
- Write epics and user stories to detail software design for on- and offshore development teams, using multiple tools and artifacts as needed
- Create diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes to visually demonstrate user needs
You must have:
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, epics, user stories)
- Experience with modeling tools, specifically (Visio, use cases, process flows, UML, BPMN)
- Experience working on mobile application projects
- Basic wireframing experience (Balsamiq, AXURE)
- Knowledge of project management processes and artifacts (Gantt charts, work breakdown structures)
- Experience working on software development projects, creating systems from the ground up
- Experience with test cases (defect triage)
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
YOU ARE AWESOME IF:
- Bachelors Degree,
- Certifications (PMP, CBAP, CSM)