This is a global manufacturing organization whose business picked up during Covid, due to the nature of their economy-proof products. They have a large presence in North America, and they are rapidly growing their business with new acquisitions! They are looking for an IT Project Manager with knowledge of SAP and Application projects.
This position has primary responsibility for planning, managing, and executing projects ranging from medium to large-scale IT projects of various levels of scope, complexity, duration, and project team size. Starting with a large acquisition initiative where they will focus on integrating internal systems, applications, and streamlining business processes. This person would bring best practices and have an opportunity to showcase their skills to have their assignment extended indefinitely to manage future initiatives slated for the next several years.
- Ensures alignment of project stakeholders via superb communications, influencing, and relationship building.
- Oversee all project activities and overall delivery.
- Simultaneously leads multiple projects, coordinating resources across IT and within the business operating units.
- Partners with the respective Business Leaders and associated IT Managers/Directors to ensure quality delivery of project deliverables.
- Ensures project activities are aligned to deliver the identified technology strategies, and business goals / objectives while meeting quality, scheduling, budget, and IT standards requirements.
- Through project deployment, fosters and guides full adoption of tools, services, and common business processes, and cultivates super-users to strengthen solution ownership and self-sufficiency.
- Provides leadership in ensuring consistent use of the project methodology.
- Oversees Testing / QA practices / Security, as well as IT and business cross-training across all project initiatives.
- Works with Change Management /Release Leadership to ensure internal controls and all compliance requirements are consistently practiced and maintained.
- Provides accurate project timelines and ensures project activities and resources are superbly allocated to align with the priorities established by the business.
- Active participation with the IT and Business Management Teams to develop and measure project success criteria and return on investment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years progressive experience in leading the deployment of medium to large scale SAP and other IT initiatives
- Experience in integrating SAP with non-SAP systems using middleware/EDI/API
- Experience leading projects with large organizations with diverse cultures, business operations and organizational needs
- SAP experience in a PM role
- Deep level of proficiency and understanding of information technology and the linkage between business processes, people, and systems.
- Solid business acumen across multiple functional areas / processes.
- Experience in industries that include manufacturing functions.
- Solid understanding of ITIL principles
- Experience with ServiceNow is a PLUS